Perform circuit design, analysis, simulation and component selection according to electrical/electronic hardware requirements.
Perform initial checkout and debug of prototype printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies.- Specify and design automatic test equipment
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
- Maintains product data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors and 0 -3 years related experience.
- Education/Experience:- BS or MS in Electrical / Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- Clearance Requirement:- Must already have or be able to obtain a SECRET clearance thus you are a citizen of the United States.
- Experience or coursework reading and interpreting electrical schematic diagrams
- Experience or coursework with electronic test equipment (o-scopes, analyzers, multi-meters, etc.)
- Experience or coursework in cable and/or circuit board design
- Ability to interpret and create electrical schematics.
- Basic understanding of analog and digital circuit design.
- Experience and missile/aerospace related education/background.
- Electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Test and Measurement Equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications